September is National Skin Care Awareness Month! After all the fun of summer; laying in the sun, barbecues, your favorite summer cocktails, it’s time to be aware of what may have affected your skin during the summer fun and sun months!
Here is your list of post summer skin boosters:
- Assess your skin:
- Take your finger tips and gently glide them across your forehead, cheeks and chin and see how the texture feels.
- Does it feel rough?
- Does it feel dry and tight? (the heat from the sun can dehydrate your skin)
- Check for fluid retention:
- Look in the mirror and take your thumb and press hard in the areas below to see if you have sitting fluid in your skin from sun, poor eating/drinking habits, etc. If the skin stays white for more than a second, that is sitting fluid in your skin. If it immediately returns to pink, than there is no sitting fluid.
- Under cheekbones
- Near the hairline
- At jawline
These are areas where people hold fluid and sitting fluid in your skin will add bacteria into the tissue and cause premature sagging of the skin as it pulls down on the skin tissue.
2. What to do:
- Rough? You will need a good exfoliation. This could be just a surface exfoliation or your skin could need a chemical exfoliation. The rougher the skin, the more exfoliation it needs.
- Dry and Tight? It’s time to ramp up your moisturizer to a little heavier than you used in the summer. A moisturizer with more emollient texture would be better. However, remember that there will be free-radical damage from sun exposure, so you will need to use a cream with a high level of anti-oxidants as well. We also recommend to lock in the water in your skin so it doesn’t evaporate as much by layering your skin with a hydrating serum first, as serum is more fluid, has smaller molecules and absorb deeper in the skin tissue. Follow the serum with an emollient, anti-oxidant cream to lubricate and seal in the moisture in your skin.
- Fluid Retention? When applying your serum and moisturizer, make sure to compress the skin to squeeze out the fluid sitting in the tissue. Although this will not eliminate the sitting fluid, it will help cut down on the amount that sits in your skin.
Of course, seeing us here at the Relax Spa at Rumors will solve all of your post summer skin solutions, as we can correct these skin problems with our sculpting lift facial treatment, the most amazing skin treatment that will stimulate lymphatic fluid release, compress your skin tissue, which will give it more lift and detoxify your skin from the inside out.
- SEPTEMBER SKIN PROMITON -
Schedule your customized post summer corrective/repairing skin treatment with our sculpting lift facial treatment and receive $15.00 off!
Celebrating our 1 year anniversary of bringing this advanced, unique, and see immediate results skin treatment!